pinky's ...

Overdue updates.... :P

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Much has happen in the last 2 months.. and I have not been blogging as diligently as I should....
As the saying goes... better late then never....
Making Pineapple tarts together with my mother-in-law in preparation for Chinese New Year.... there must be close to 200 little cookies we made these year... I wonder how many will be left by the time Chinese New Year comes along... o... I better remember to pack some and keep seperate to give away.... before i eat them all myself!!!

Christmas lunch at our house... pardon the mess in the house....


Entree: Kumura Box with Chorizo

A nice quiet BBQ on Boxing day... with Aaron... my mother-in-law... and of course... our beloved Brutas... ! He's even got his own plate of doggie delights.... isnt he spolit?
Although I didnt intend to eat that much....I wouldnt be able to justify not eating all these local delights.... oh well... I was going to start on the Blackmore's detox plan when I got back to Perth anyway... all the more reason to indulge in Singapore... afterall...Aaron's given me his blessing to eat my fill... :P

Another reason for being back in Singapore in Jan... A BIG BIG occassion... one of my closest and best friend - Sam's long awaited wedding.... look at the big cheesy grin on the groom's face.... he is just beaming with happiness... ooooo I am just SO happy for him (Praise God!) and I am so glad to be part of his special day

The lovely couple (Sam and Sau Peng) and Sam's mother (Aunty Milly), a family friend (Aunty B) and myself flew into Perth 7.01.2007.... they (Sam, Sau Peng and Aunty B) only left Wednesday .... and I have been busy bring them around Perth....and of course...eat nice food :)) Now that they have gone back.... life is a little more back to normal... Aunty Milly is still around... she's a fantastic cook... and she's promised to impart some culinary skills to me ... so there will no doubt be more posting on food.... hahahaha...