pinky's ...

City Nits January 2007

Saturday, January 20, 2007

The long awaited City Nits.. yeeeeah!

Finally met some of the members whom I didnt have the pleasure of meeting before.. Sasha... Nernice... Vera.... all lovely lovely people.....

It was a really eventful meeting for me... guess what... after all that gripe... i have finally start it:

Can you guess what it is?

its ..........MY FIRST TOE-UP SOCK ...in fact....its my first sock period. Thanks to the ever patient Ann....thank u thank u thank u..... i know.. i know... it doesnt look anything like a sock.... but i'll get there.... eventually.... fingers crossed ... hopefully by winter ......socks..socks.....oh socks....oh how have i longed for a pair of knitted socks.... this will be a little winter present for myself... :)

Dinner tonight was Moroccan Curry. I was lazy and cheated....I used the Nando's bottle sauce but i added some additional peprika and a couple of bay leaves (from my secret pal) .. it was good... but boy! it was hot! I only have myself to blame... I put one bell pepper into the pot... to spice things up.... not such a good idea..... Dun ever play with Harbanero (? not sure of spelling) peppers!...they're dangerous.... they are super HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!! even the cucumber yogurt chutney and one entire bottle of ice cold water didnt help us cool off.... by the time dinner was over.... Aaron and I were sweating like pigs.... and our lips swollen like sussages .... Aaron was crazy to bring more to work to eat during his break.... my stomach is still suffering.... and its almost midnight.. i better go drink more water ......